Ok so while doing my daily research I stumbled across this on the SILICON AFRICA blog and I totally had to share…please share your thoughts…
The continent still is a risky place to do business, but the rewards of success are instant and a lot. Here are the top 7 tips for success I’ve garnered through my latest conversations:
- It’s almost virgin here. There are a lot of opportunities, but you have to fight!
- Target the vanity class with vanity products. The “new rich” have lot of money. They are tough on everything except their big ego and social reputation.
- Target the lazy executives and middle managers. Do the job they are paid for as a consultant. Be good, and politically savvy, and the money is yours.
- 4. You’ll make more money in selling food or opening a restaurant than working for the Bank.
- You can’t avoid politics, but learn to think like the people you are talking with. Always finish your sentence with something like “the most important is the country’s development, not power. We all have to work in that direction.
- It’s about hard work and passion, but you should first forget about managing time like in Europe. Take time to visit people, go to the vanity parties, have the patience to let stupid people finish their long empty sentences, and make the politicians understand that your project could make them win elections and strengthen their positions.
- Speed is everything. Think fast, Act fast, Be everywhere through friends, family and informants
All these look very Machiavellian to me, but who said business was something for the faint hearts!
I quite agree with majority of the points mentioned….do you? All the AGRIPRENEURS out there did you notice POINT 4 🙂
Thanks for stopping by….