In the past few weeks been doing some research and that has led me to some pretty interesting books on vegetable farming. One of my hobbies is reading non-fiction books. Some of the books are ebooks and some are regular print books. Bought all the books online @ http://www.amazon.com. The titles of the books are:
- Vegetable Farming Business Plan template: I quite like it, you’ll probably read through it in 1 hour and the next step is to get cracking on writing your own business plan. The book comes with links to word documents and excel templates for you for your financials. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vegetable-Farming-Business-Template-Including-ebook/dp/B00K1PDJXE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399244737&sr=8-1&keywords=Vegetable+Farming+Business+Plan+template
- How to Be A Farmer by Jessica Jane: This is also a super easy read. It’s not a bible on becoming a farmer but it introduces you to the basics. It’s almost like a road map to more complicated part of farming. http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-To-Be-A-Farmer-ebook/dp/B007M99XC8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399244896&sr=8-2&keywords=how+to+be+a+farmer
- Sustainable Market Farming by Pam Dawling: Will provide a review once I’m done. But it got really good reviews on amazon, so looking forward to reading it. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sustainable-Market-Farming-Intensive-Production/dp/0865717168/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399244939&sr=8-1&keywords=Sustainable+market+farming
- Vegetable Production and Marketing in Africa: Socio-Economic Research by D. Mithofer: The biggest and most expensive book I added to my collection. It didn’t have any reviews but I went out on a limb on this one. Will let you know how useful it is. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Vegetable+Production+and+Marketing+in+Africa%3A+Socio-economic+Research&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AVegetable+Production+and+Marketing+in+Africa%3A+Socio-economic+Research
- Sustainable Vegetable Production from Start-Up to Market by Grubinger, Vernon P: Haven’t started on this one too but will let you know how it goes. It got mixed reviews, some good some not so good. Decided to buy it because it was referenced on an article which I read and found very interesting. So I figured it couldn’t be that bad. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/093581745X/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Are there any books out there you would recommend? Pls share. Have you read any of the books above and would like to share your thoughts?
Happy Reading! Thanks for stopping by 🙂